In preparation for your next appointment, please download and complete our
“GVD Pre-Appointment Screening Questionnaire.”
We hope this finds you, your family, and friends in good health! Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and comfort. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and we continue to implement these protocols for everyone with care and confidence.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies closely so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Upon returning to the office for your next appointment, you will notice several new precautions we have taken to protect your health and safety, as well as our team’s. For example:
- Our team will communicate with you prior to your appointment to explain a few new protocols and ask some simple screening questions. We will also be conducting pre-appointment screenings when you arrive at the office for your scheduled care. This will include taking your temperature. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4˚ or higher, will not be permitted into the office.
- We will have plenty of hand sanitizer available and will ask you to use it when you enter the office. We will also require everyone entering the office to bring and wear their own mask and eye protection.
- Until further notice, we will not be utilizing our waiting room. A new system has been created to take you directly back to your treatment room upon arrival and after your pre-appointment screening process. In additional efforts to decrease risk, all necessary future appointments will be scheduled in the treatment rooms prior to leaving, as well as payments taken over the phone or on-line.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and enough time for proper cleaning of treatment rooms.
- Our team has been trained with the most up to date COVID-19 infectious control information and will be implementing all the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including masks, gowns, gloves, and face shields. Unfortunately, due to the increased PPE costs to our practice for each appointment, you will notice a “PPE equipment” charge on your statement. We have heard that a few insurance companies will be providing reimbursement for this charge, however we cannot guarantee this will be true for all. Lastly, we are hoping this will only be a temporary expense until the concerning viral statistics diminish.
- We will be utilizing medical grade air filtration systems, plexi-glass barriers at the front desk, as well as EPA certified disinfecting agents on all applicable office surfaces.
We know this has not been easy for anyone, and we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding during these unprecedented times. We are 100% here for you, so please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns!
Our whole team is committed and looking forward to seeing everyone again. As always, we appreciate your confidence in allowing us to continue being part of your healthcare team!